Author Topic: Trouble with 4 Bits CLUT conversion header image  (Read 162 times)

SaturnTeam

• View Profile
    • Saturn Team
Trouble with 4 Bits CLUT conversion header image
« on: July 31, 2018, 11:03:40 pm »
I was wondering what graphics program people use with XL2's converter program? I tried Pixelmator, which is what I normally use. However, that automatically uses RLE compression. I then used Gimp, which says it is exporting the TGA file without RLE. When I do the conversion in the program, it comes up as RLE: 2, and in the H file, the string numbers start with 0 and and end with 0. In my game, the H file graphic either shows up as a black, transparent, or non-existent square.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 09:43:42 pm by SaturnTeam »
Founder of Saturn Team

ponut64

• View Profile
Re: Trouble with RLE compression for 4 Bits CLUT conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 11:54:05 pm »
RLE: 2 is the correct factor of RLE in the converter.
In any case I use Paint.NET.

SaturnTeam

• View Profile
    • Saturn Team
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 11:58:49 pm »
Okay. I'll keep looking into it.
Founder of Saturn Team

SaturnTeam

• View Profile
    • Saturn Team
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 02:06:31 am »
I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure this out. I was really surprised that it didn't work like in the demo. I think it must be because my game is a shooter with different depth sprites, transparencies, and moving background. So I'm using a 4 color 8-bit image for the H file. It has no transparency, and I've turned that off in the code. It shows up above everything else on the screen as a "transparent" square. My flying ship goes under the square and is hidden by it. The enemy ships do the same. The square shows the background inside of itself, rather than the image it's supposed to be showing. I've tried playing with the depth of the image, but that doesn't do anything. I'm wondering if this has to do with the
Code: [Select]
pos[S]=65536 or 0x1f8
parts of the code. I'm thinking that the image is getting sorted incorrectly. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:08:07 am by SaturnTeam »
Founder of Saturn Team

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk