Author Topic: Can't compile demo1 on Windows 10  (Read 344 times)

deevus

• View Profile
Can't compile demo1 on Windows 10
« on: July 14, 2018, 05:44:11 am »
All I've done is pulled down the repo and tried to compile the demo using compile.bat

Code: [Select]
make.exe": *** No rule to make target `../../Compiler/SGL_302j/lib_coff/sglarea.o', needed by `sl_coff.coff'.  Stop.

Any ideas? Thank you!

20EnderDude20

• I'm also known as "The Blender Fiddler" on Youtube
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Can't compile demo1 on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 05:45:37 am »
I have the same problem

logi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 09:05:42 am »
I am using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB on one of my machines and I have no issues compiling demo1 using the latest version of the engine. Just downloaded from the repo now.

deevus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 05:41:16 am »
It is my understanding that there are no prerequisites since the repo comes preloaded with all the compilation tools. Am I missing something here?

deevus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 05:50:19 am »
I have the same problem

Do you happen to be using WSL? When I first did it I cloned using Ubuntu in WSL. I recloned just in powershell and it is working now.

I just confirmed it actually. I did a fresh clone in WSL, then tried to run compile.bat from Powershell and it failed with my original error. Clone it from Windows proper (using git for windows) and it compiles fine.

EDIT: Ok I'm getting a grasp for what is going on here. It has to do with case sensitivity. lib_coff/sglarea.o doesn't actually exist if the filesystem is case sensitive. The actual path is LIB_COFF/SGLAREA.O

Windows filesystem is case insensitive, but linux is case sensitive. Here is where it gets weird. Cloning using git in WSL into a NTFS filesystem somehow applies some case sensitivity to the filetree, so running make from Windows for some reason now cares about case.

The global fix would be to make sure that the Makefiles reference the correct case for every file.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:58:54 am by deevus »

ponut64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 09:05:54 am »
I think deevus is onto something. My first thought is check the makefile; if you can compile any other demo, copying over the makefile from that one into demo1 can change things...

deevus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 09:58:58 am »
I think deevus is onto something. My first thought is check the makefile; if you can compile any other demo, copying over the makefile from that one into demo1 can change things...

The issue is in the global Makefile Compiler/COMMON/jo_engine_makefile so it wouldn't be able to compile anything if there is case sensitivity.

20EnderDude20

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 10:18:12 pm »
I now have this error:
~/jo engine/joengine-master/Samples/demo - sonic$ make
wine ./sh-coff-gcc.exe -m2 -L../../Compiler/SGL_302j/lib_coff -Xlinker --format=coff-sh -Xlinker -T../../Compiler/COMMON/sgl.linker -Xlinker -Map -Xlinker sl_coff.map -Xlinker -e -Xlinker ___Start -nostartfiles  ../../Compiler/SGL_302j/lib_coff/sglarea.o main.o sonic.o ../../jo_engine/tga.o ../../jo_engine/audio.o ../../jo_engine/fs.o ../../jo_engine/font.o ../../jo_engine/input.o ../../jo_engine/physics.o ../../jo_engine/core.o ../../jo_engine/math.o ../../jo_engine/malloc.o ../../jo_engine/tools.o ../../jo_engine/sprites.o ../../jo_engine/map.o ../../jo_engine/list.o ../../jo_engine/sprite_animator.o ../../jo_engine/image.o ../../jo_engine/background.o ../../jo_engine/time.o ../../jo_engine/vdp1_command_pipeline.o ../../Compiler/SGL_302j/lib_coff/SEGA_SYS.A ../../Compiler/SGL_302j/lib_coff/LIBCD.A ../../Compiler/SGL_302j/lib_coff/LIBSGL.A -o sl_coff.coff
002c:fixme:ntoskrnl:KeInitializeEvent stub: 0x112888 1 0
002c:fixme:ntoskrnl:KeInitializeEvent stub: 0x112898 1 1
002c:fixme:ntoskrnl:PoSetPowerState (0x1 4 1124440) stub
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00001127 at address 0x11257c (thread 002c), starting debugger...
000f:err:service:process_send_command service protocol error - failed to read pipe r = 0  count = 0!
000f:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"vmm" failed to start: 1053
ld: cannot find -lgcc
../../Compiler/COMMON/jo_engine_makefile:231: recipe for target 'sl_coff.coff' failed
make: *** [sl_coff.coff] Error 1

SaturnTeam

• View Profile
    • Saturn Team
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 10:42:34 pm »
Open the makefile in your coding program and make sure the end of it says the following:
SRCS=main.c
JO_ENGINE_SRC_DIR=../../jo_engine
COMPILER_DIR=../../Compiler
include $(COMPILER_DIR)/COMMON/jo_engine/makefile
Also, replace the clean, clean.sh, compile, compile.sh, and all 6 run_with files with ones from the storyboard demo.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:50:31 pm by SaturnTeam »
Founder of Saturn Team

20EnderDude20

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 12:07:04 am »
That didn't do anything. Ld still complains that it can't find libgcc:

ld: cannot find -lgcc

SaturnTeam

• View Profile
    • Saturn Team
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 12:28:02 am »
I don't think that's an engine issue. I think there's a problem with your coding app and compiler and the way it interacts with the engine. The demo runs for me with Code Blocks on Windows 7 Pro.
Founder of Saturn Team

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk