Sega Saturn Development > Share your code

3D Map tool + FPS demo

<< < (5/5)

lostgame:
Just wanted to thank you for this. I've been toying around with the current collision tool demo. It's neat! I'd love to speed it up a bit and implement a sprite object-based system...I'd love to create a BUG!-ish 3D platformer of my own...

Additionally:

I assume the VDP1 is being used primarily for the 3D polygons...

How much effort would be required to hack a scrolling background with a VPD2 image in there?

XL2:
Using the vdp2 is quite hard. You could DMA sprites to the VDP2 NBG1, but you would be limited to not too big sprites and would need to clear the screen each frame. You would probably also have to store them in the main RAM, taking precious memory away.

I didn't update the FPS demo for a long while, so it's really dated now compared to what I have in Z-Treme (it gives me a speed boost of around 40% compared to what's in the FPS demo). The map converter is also old now compared to what I have in Z-treme.

I still plan to update it within the next few months.

lostgame:
I was messing with the baked-in-but-commented-out BG VDP2 code...but yeah, it's messy at best.

I'm sure your Z-Treme engine is far more advanced, but even this is tremendous. This Jo-Engine has really quickly allowed me to fulfill my long-term dreams of developing for this platform.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go to full version