Sega Saturn Development > General Jo Engine Help

Booting Jo Engine games with Pseudo Saturn Kai?

<< < (2/2)

mindslight:
The new option is available on the last release

SaturnTeam:
I just wanted to let everyone know that my game is loading correctly with Pseudo Saturn Kai 6.074. For some reason, I'm not getting the homebrew option on cartridge boot, but "Start Game" loads it just fine.

b1tsh1ft3r:
This may be a silly question, but i have a gameshark cart (similar to the action replay with the same db25 on top). Im assuming this is compatible with pseudo saturn as well?!?! I noticed it wont boot on a jspec saturn as is prior to flash so im guessing its region locked.

SaturnTeam:

--- Quote from: b1tsh1ft3r on November 15, 2017, 06:07:18 pm ---This may be a silly question, but i have a gameshark cart (similar to the action replay with the same db25 on top). Im assuming this is compatible with pseudo saturn as well?!?! I noticed it wont boot on a jspec saturn as is prior to flash so im guessing its region locked.

--- End quote ---

The GameShark is supposed to work on all Saturns. I'm not sure why it isn't loading on boot. Its connector board is notoriously finicky with the slot connection. I wouldn't try to flash Kai onto it until you confirm that it's working. There shouldn't be any issue with putting Kai on a GameShark. I think you might need to wiggle or reposition the cartridge in the slot, and keep trying to see if it comes up on boot. Sometimes, you have to pull up on it, so it's just barely connected. If you have a N. American or PAL console, I would see if it will boot on those. If it doesn't, then the cartridge is shot. Also, you may need to put a retail disc in, before boot, to get it working. It might load right away, or you might need to load the game for the GameShark to work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go to full version