Sega Saturn Development > Project announcement

Virtua Skimmer

<< < (2/7) > >>

XL2:
In fact, the .h file takes the same amount of memory (it's in ASCII form, so it takes more memory, but after compiling, it's all binary).
But the most important thing is that it's not hardcoded, so you can load different models for different levels and all.

ponut64:
That makes sense, not something I have explored enough to understand. When I get that far though a tool like that should be invaluable.
And that explains why you'd need a function to draw the polygon since normally the .h files include that.

XL2:
And you also have to consider that the textures aren't included in the h file.

That being said, I just made a small update, I think I got the per-vertex normals right as the whole shading seems smoother now.
I did the update in less than 10 minutes, but it seems to work well.

I also added the vertex normals in the .h file, but I didn't try to see if it works.

I updated both the tool and the demo.

XL2:
I tested it on real hardware, I tried with 7 models (around 180 quads per model) and the results are rather good, with 60 fps with 4 models, then the VDP1 can keep up, but the CPU doesn't. By not updating each frame, it might be possible to keep 60.

https://youtu.be/XapzA2yPEAU

SkimmingSanshiro:
Love the gourad lighting and this tool. One thing though when I try adding my working ZTP loading into my project it wont build when I add the void computeLight() and void display_model(entity_t * model, bool UseRealtimeGouraud)

Ive added everything else and successfully builds including the gameloop() and removing Jo engine callbacks and run(). I didn't load the ZTP to the current address or anything in my_draw() yet only exception. But when I add those 2 voids it wont build. I replaced the ZT folder with the new one and the makefiles match

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go to full version