Sega Saturn Development > General Jo Engine Help

Request for real hardware tests

<< < (2/5) > >>

SaturnTeam:
Well, I am disappointed. I wanted to help you, but it isn't working. I burnt it to one of my dev CDs that I use for my own game testing. I ran it on my US Model 1 MK 80000, made in Japan in 1995. I tried using both game loaders on Pseudo Saturn Kai, but it won't load. It just gets stuck at the Sega screen. If you want to, you could post the audio file and I could set up my own ISO. Did you add the "JO_PSEUDO_SATURN_KAI_SUPPORT = 1" module in the makefile?

ponut64:
I actually use Pseudo Saturn Kai Lite to boot CD-Rs.
That's interesting. We have one where it won't boot, two where it destroys you, and emulators that just don't do anything wrong (well most do, only works right in Bizhawk.. and mostly on real hardware if it were not for the static).

I'm uploading a zip package to where anyone can re-build the ISO. I do have a modified engine, after all. I imagine it freezes because the display mode changes (to 352x240).
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nr88ibobuw2vyy4/buildit.zip/file
By the way, you can target the code to AIFF files. It just doesn't know what to do with the header. Always encode 16-bit mono at 30.72KHz.

SaturnTeam:
I downloaded the files. Before I burn another CD-R (I don't have many left), I wanted to mention that it won't compile. Here are the warnings and errors I'm getting:
ZT/ZT_CD.c:20: warning: implicit declaration of function 'STM_WORK_SIZE'
ZT/ZT_CD.c:20: error: variable-size type declared outside of any function
ZT/ZT_CD.c: In function 'ztCDinit':
ZT/ZT_CD.c:28: warning: implicit declaration of function 'PCM_Init'
ZT/ZT_CD.c.29: warning: implicit declaration of function 'STM_Init'
ZT/ZT_CD.c.31: warning: implicit declaration of function 'PCM_DeclareUseAdpcm'
make: *** [ZT/ZT_CD.c] Error 1
._sl_coff.iso found
Access to the path '\RTFK\._sl_coff.cue' is denied.

------
I could just make a simple application to test the PCM files if you want. I don't see why that wouldn't work. Is the music file 8-bit or 16-bit? I need to know how to mark it in my test application. Also, is it mono or stereo?

SaturnTeam:
My test application didn't work, because I tried running the music PCM on channel 0 and it ran out of PCM memory. I figured that might happen. Can you insert the Kai module into your makefile and re-upload the sl_coff.iso? That should be enough for me to load it on my Saturn. Let me know when you've done that, and I'll try it again.

ponut64:
You should be able to just delete line 20 of ZT Cd (g_stm_work), "PCM_Init", "STM_Init", and "PCM_DeclareUseAdpcm" as those are SBL functions that I do not use (they are in there because I was testing it). They have no effect on the function of the program. I recommend anyone who builds the program do the same. (.. They also could have been interfering)
Thanks for trying to work with me. And before you waste more CD-Rs, I recommend doing preliminary testing using Bizhawk, and if that works, then move on to real hardware.

And, actually: It didn't run out of PCM memory. You can't actually store PCM files themselves in sound memory; think of it more as a playback buffer. It ran out of LWRAM (1MB).
19 sectors (38 KB) of sound RAM is consumed by the sound driver.
There's only about 16 sectors (32 KB) of PCM playback buffer (8 sectors for mono, 16 sectors for stereo).
And for some reason they have a whopping 436 KB dedicated to "pitch/sequence" . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go to full version