Sega Saturn Development > Project announcement

Sonic Z-Treme

<< < (2/76) > >>

XL2:
Thanks both of you.

Here is a small update.

Now the game is all in 3D, but the physics, camera, collision detection and a few things took a huge hit. I haven't figured out if VDP2 plane is supported with Jo Engine. Johannes, can you help me on this one?
I'm still only using one CPU.

Enjoy :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GgKwrPbWAg 

mindslight:
See at the bottom of main.c in the shooter demo.

You can run events on the slave CPU, but beware of thread safety

XL2:
Sorry, I meant using a VDP2 3D plane (as in several 3d games, like Panzer Dragoon, Virtua Fighter 2, etc.).
Right now, I'm using the VDP1 for the ground, but I would need to add so many polygons to prevent the weird bugs (such as Sonic's feet disappearing).
It would also allow me to have an infinite ground floor, which would make something a bit like Sonic Utopia possible to a certain degree.

As for the slave CPU, I don't want to count too much on it for now as I still have a lot to learn first.

Danny:
Here is in attachment an old presentation from a Sega Workshop from 95 that should help understand how the CPUs and VPUs work together. If you want I could also take a look at your source code and give you a hand.

XL2:
Wow, thanks a lot!
I will read that.
Thanks also for your offer for helping me with the code.
I will send it to you by PM (if I can), else I'll just edit and put it here.
Thanks again!

BTW, thanks also for the FPS control demo, I used that in order to get the camera working (with pad 2).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go to full version