Sega Saturn Development > General Jo Engine Help

Graphics and memory managment

<< < (2/2)

XL2:
Right now Jo Engine doesn't support much the VDP2, so you would have to use SGL functions directly for everything except NBG0/1.
I'm not myself really good with the VDP2 as it's quite complicated, but it's really overpowered compared to the VDP1.
You can take a look at my old FPS demo or Dany's FPS/VDP2 demo to see how to use it.

b1tsh1ft3r:

--- Quote from: XL2 on November 18, 2017, 08:25:17 pm ---Right now Jo Engine doesn't support much the VDP2, so you would have to use SGL functions directly for everything except NBG0/1.
I'm not myself really good with the VDP2 as it's quite complicated, but it's really overpowered compared to the VDP1.
You can take a look at my old FPS demo or Dany's FPS/VDP2 demo to see how to use it.

--- End quote ---

Is there perhaps a way to utilize the VDP2 RAM for storage of graphics while still letting the VDP1 Access these graphics somehow? or due to hardware design is this impossible?

XL2:
You can use the color RAM (4 KB), other than that I don't think you really can. You might be able to store things in VDP2 RAM and just read them, but I'm not sure it's possible and it would probably not be very efficient anyway.

XL2:
Here is the image converter app I created, enjoy!

http://forum.jo-engine.org/index.php?topic=855.msg1256#msg1256

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go to full version