Sega Saturn Development > General Jo Engine Help

Doomsday Phrase: undefined reference to "ADP_DecMono" (and stereo)

(1/8) > >>

ponut64:
/e: Nevermind, I seem to have fixed it!

Regardless for anyone who wants to use ADPCM, here is an updated LIBPCM.A and an updated jo engine makefile.

For anyone curious as to what the problem was, there's no SBL source code for ADPCM system. There is however LIBADP, which contains the object code for said functions, and they are in fact linked in the code its just there's no source.

So I downloaded SaturnOrbit and simply included the .o files in LIBPCM.A -- you shouldn't need LIBADP.A anymore, but it is there in any case.

You put LIBPCM.A in
\joengine-master\Compiler\SGL_302j\LIB_COFF
Keep your old LIBPCM! Who knows what I have broken!
You also should put the following line in your Jo engine makefile
JO_COMPILE_USING_SGL = 1
**IT SHOULD BE NOTED THIS IS THE SBL PCM LIBRARY, NOT SGL

LackofTrack:
Awesome work ponut64! Hopefully this will be able to make more people use the SBL ADPCM library now.

ponut64:
Thanks, I should be working with 22 KHz ADPCM in the following days.
It's really impressive since 22 KHz ADPCM is the same file-size as 44.1 KHz mp3 files.
Sure, half as compressed as mp3 files, but the Saturn can handle it.

LackofTrack:
22 khz ADPCM is pretty impressive. You save quite a lot of space with it compared to Redbook audio and it doesn't sound that bad either.
Only problem with it is the amount of CPU overhead it takes.

ponut64:
I'm not sure if we should be at all concerned with the CPU overhead, since I am pretty sure they are referring to the M68K which is dedicated to sound. You also probably don't need stereo for music, and using mono will cut the CPU usage in half.
If that isn't the case, then certainly, 20% of your work area CPU grunt being eaten up by music would be alarming.
You wouldn't have to worry about that overhead unless you were using a lot of special effects on many different PCM channels.
Which I suppose you could!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go to full version