Author Topic: Model converter (.ZTP) -0.1 - WIP  (Read 1658 times)

ponut64

• View Profile
Re: Model converter (.ZTP) -0.1 - WIP
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2018, 06:41:49 pm »
Reducing the scale (incl. scale done in blender and in converter, but not scale in-engine) did put it back into shape. Thank you.
I guess that highlights the fact that I am running my crap on a pretty big scale, and it is OK to scale up the stuff in-engine for me.

It's not moving yet because I am a fool and somehow my OBJs are exporting as identical to one another. Note to self: Tick "Apply Modifiers", save headache.

Given how patchy the model is, I think I need to take its scale down even more...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:50:41 pm by ponut64 »

ponut64

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2018, 07:18:18 pm »
I am assuming to fix the patchy-ness like this I'm going to have to increase the precision?
Or perhaps DUAL. Hmm.

https://i.imgur.com/4NGPF34.png?1

Really great so far though.

/e: DUAL attribute on the textures sort of gets around it
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:24:06 pm by ponut64 »

XL2

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2018, 07:25:42 pm »
Did you keep the anorm.h file?
Try to comment out the part of the code that updates the normals to see what's wrong.
If it still does it, then maybe the issue is the scale.

ponut64

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2018, 07:43:19 pm »
Yeah, it's the normals (at least that part of the code).
I definitely kept (and updated.. or is that a thing you are supposed to do? The generated .h file from converter has an ANORM section, I copy that into an ANORM.H) the anorm file.

If I load it into your demo (even using that demos ANORM file), that doesn't happen. The issue has to be the scale then.

Now I just wonder, how can I get the model visible without clipping into it and it still being the correct size! That is something I can figure out. Thanks for helping me again!

/e: Oh wait. Your demos ANORM file is just the right one. So to anyone reading this thread. Use that anorm file. It worked even if I scaled the model. Sorry.
Everything is peachy now. Have a wonderful day. Any chance I could pass you lunch money over PayPal?  ;D

https://i.imgur.com/QalXkJm.png?1
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:48:53 pm by ponut64 »

XL2

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2018, 07:53:08 pm »
No problem.
There is a learning curve to use it as it's not very user friendly, but it works quite well.
Try also to use the jo_malloc function to allocate the player data to high work ram (for faster performances).
Keep us updated, it's always great to see these tools and functions being used by others!

20EnderDude20

• I'm also known as "The Blender Fiddler" on Youtube
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2018, 04:44:20 pm »
Setting the interpolation to 0 (2^0) makes the program crash.

XL2

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2018, 05:01:30 pm »
I know there was a bug in that version, but as far as I can remember it would still write the file.
Just modify the loop function where it checks all the animation and just change the ending condition to fix this issue.
Make sure also you have all the needed files in your folder else it will crash (so if you are doing 1 to 40, make sure you have 1 to 40, if you're not sure just duplicate the last one for testing - like 40, 41...).

20EnderDude20

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2018, 05:23:29 pm »
It does output a file, yet the last frame is messed up, like the vertices are in random coordinates.

XL2

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2018, 05:26:44 pm »
You can add a buffer frame or you can fix the loop code.
I fixed that in my own version, but I won't have time to fix that here until a couple of weeks.

20EnderDude20

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2018, 08:21:57 pm »
Do you think you can add a flag to make the assigned faces be metal (aka, using the green/red goraud bug) ?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 10:43:53 pm by 20EnderDude20 »

XL2

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2018, 08:42:59 pm »
Yes, it's on my todo list.

itsstillthinking1999

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2018, 06:36:46 am »
Hey XL2 it might be too much to ask but could you take a screen shot of your Drill model in a wire frame? All my attempts to recreate some of the enemy's in a really low poly model to the standard need have not too well, might help to see a better example as i would love to get one or two done to help you in anyway i can make Z-Treme win SAGE by a landslide and hopefully give you the credit and attention it deserves. Oh and iv been trying out the model converter and its really interesting, keep up the good work! :)

XL2

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2018, 05:05:24 pm »
I updated the converter with the drill enemy model, so you can take it there.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 05:07:44 pm by XL2 »

20EnderDude20

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2018, 07:21:11 pm »
I’ve been trying to make the drill char blink by using shape keys, but you can see where the vertices of one texture move back inside while the other one moves out. I think this is because of the interpolation making the transformation between the two frames smooth, even though it’s not the intended result. I hope there might be a way to specify a ztp file to turn OFF the interpolation for certain animations.

ponut64

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2018, 10:50:52 pm »
I’ve been trying to make the drill char blink by using shape keys, but you can see where the vertices of one texture move back inside while the other one moves out. I think this is because of the interpolation making the transformation between the two frames smooth, even though it’s not the intended result. I hope there might be a way to specify a ztp file to turn OFF the interpolation for certain animations.

The way you do this is by changing the animation function itself to be more robust in its parameters.
I haven't gotten around to it yet (stuck in PCM sound) and XL2 may have done it already but words.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk