Sega Saturn Development > General Jo Engine Help

Audio issues - repeating/skipping

<< < (2/2)

Apolis:

--- Quote from: XL2 on February 23, 2018, 08:23:57 pm ---I'm not 100% sure, but try changing the makefile to pal and the resolution (in the conf.h) to something like 352x256 (or any pal specific resolution ). I guess it's an issue with the v-synch set at 1/60 instead of 1/50, since you need to DMA the PCM audio.

--- End quote ---

Damn, unfortunately it didn't work. I have the makefile (for the 'audio' demo) as follows:

--- Quote ---JO_COMPILE_WITH_VIDEO_MODULE = 0
JO_COMPILE_WITH_BACKUP_MODULE = 0
JO_COMPILE_WITH_TGA_MODULE = 0
JO_COMPILE_WITH_AUDIO_MODULE = 1
JO_COMPILE_WITH_3D_MODULE = 0
JO_COMPILE_WITH_PSEUDO_MODE7_MODULE = 0
JO_COMPILE_WITH_EFFECTS_MODULE = 0
JO_NTSC = 0
JO_DEBUG = 1
SRCS=main.c
JO_ENGINE_SRC_DIR=../../jo_engine
COMPILER_DIR=../../Compiler
include $(COMPILER_DIR)/COMMON/jo_engine_makefile

--- End quote ---

and the conf.h file has been edited to change the PAL resolution as so:

--- Quote ---/** @brief Sega Saturn PAL Screen resolution (internal use) */
# define JO_TV_RES                     (TV_352x256)
/** @brief PAL Screen width */
# define JO_TV_WIDTH                  (352)
/** @brief PAL Screen width divided by 2 (math optimization purpose) */
# define JO_TV_WIDTH_2                  (176)
/** @brief PAL Screen width divided by 4 (math optimization purpose) */
# define JO_TV_WIDTH_4                  (88)
/** @brief PAL Screen height */
# define JO_TV_HEIGHT                  (256)
/** @brief PAL Screen height divided by 2 (math optimization purpose) */
# define JO_TV_HEIGHT_2                  (128)
/** @brief PAL Screen height divided by 4 (math optimization purpose) */
# define JO_TV_HEIGHT_4                  (64)

--- End quote ---

with SSF set to 'Europe' but it's still having the sound issue. (I can burn the image to CD and play it on my Saturn to clarify but considering the results of my previous tests I'm confident SSF is accurate in this case). Additionally, according to nVidia's FPS counter, I can confirm the frame rate is 50 FPS as expected.

However, there is also a JO_FRAMERATE option but I can't find any documentation on it...

Anyway, I'll keep trying things but if you or anyone else has any further ideas please let me know and thanks for your help so far :)

XL2:
I hope you didn't give up on your project, but using the tone editor on a mac emulator you could load your audio to the audio RAM, avoiding the PCM DMA transfer, which should fix your issues.
It's quite complicated to setup, but I can help you with it.

Apolis:

--- Quote from: XL2 on April 08, 2018, 01:39:49 am ---I hope you didn't give up on your project, but using the tone editor on a mac emulator you could load your audio to the audio RAM, avoiding the PCM DMA transfer, which should fix your issues.
It's quite complicated to setup, but I can help you with it.

--- End quote ---

Hi XL2,
No no, I didn't give up. I carried on working on it and just playing it in NTSC via an emulator. It would be really nice to get it working on a real PAL system. Unfortunately I'm not too confident I understand your solution but I'll give it a go if you're willing help, or at least get me started! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go to full version