Author Topic: TGA not found  (Read 579 times)

Tobukonn

• View Profile
TGA not found
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:15:26 am »
 I've been fiddling with all the sample programs and 9 times outta ten, anything I do doesn't work. Particularly with textures/images/sprites. In Yabause, it just gives an error saying that the TGA isn't found. The CMD doesn't say there are any errors when compiling it and the only time I got it to work with a new texture (in this case, a background in the background demo) it was very distorted and seemed like randomly colored pixels. I'm really frustrated and have no idea why it won't work.
 I've seen that using BINs would be better for loading and I've seen the "hardcoded image" sample but I've no idea how to do either of those.
 Any help is appreciated!

mindslight

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jo Engine
Re: TGA not found
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 01:54:37 pm »
Hi,

Can you give us, more details about your environnement (OS, RAM, version of Jo Engine, etc.)

XL2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 02:49:07 pm »
Make sure you have no RLE compression and that your TGA files are in the "cd" folder. For binary, just use the Jo Engine editor.

Tobukonn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 05:28:19 pm »
 Hi, thank you both for replying! I'm using Last update (01/27/2018) on Windows 7. I actually just now got it to work . . . by changing the filename to full caps...!? I didn't know it was cap sensitive, I feel kinda stupid right now _(. 3.)_

mindslight

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jo Engine
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 05:35:14 pm »
Don't worry, we don't judge in this forum ;)

We are here to share our passion and help each other  :)

Tobukonn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 07:03:10 pm »
 Thanks! Although I do have a couple more questions. Is there anywhere I can ask smaller more insignificant questions? An IRC chat or something like that for Saturn Development? Kinda like how Gameboy has #gbdev and Nes has #nesdev? I want to try and make a textbox but I'm not exactly for sure how to do it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk