Author Topic: Model converter (.ZTP) -0.1 - WIP  (Read 219 times)

XL2

• View Profile
Re: Model converter (.ZTP) -0.05 - WIP
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 01:24:47 am »
The floor clipping is because of the z sort not set to max.
Just patch it yourself with a loop function after loading your map.
For the 3 letters names, I don't know what you mean.

SkimmingSanshiro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 01:33:49 am »
If your texture is a 3 letter word it wont show up. Was wondering what my deal was

XL2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 04:11:25 am »
I haven't tested at the 3 letters textures, but I will look it up at a later time.

Very good news, I got the compressed animation working, including compressed normals!

A Sonic model with 40 frames of animation takes a total of 63 KB (including the textures).
I also got compressed normals working (1 quad now takes only 1 byte for normals instead of 12 bytes!).
The compression can lead to some minor issues where the quad gets clipped when it's in some extreme angles.
The vertices take 6 bytes instead of 12 bytes each.
I could compress the vertices further (4 bytes), but it might become a bit slower to decompress.
So, all in all, 40 frames of animation using vertices should amount to about 180 KB of data while now it's down to about 63 KB (minus the base model of 11-15 KB).
Note that you can interpolate these animations, so you could easily make it 1/4 or less this size!
At a level 2 interpolation (1 out of 4 frames) you would reduce the same model to 27 KB (with only 8 KB worth of animation data), making vertex animation cheap in terms of memory.

I will try to clean up my code and release the demo + updated tool tomorrow, but I'm not promising anything as I should have a very busy day so I might not feel like it in the evening!

XL2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 04:39:31 am »
Ok, scratch that last one, I just did minimal clean up of the code.

Just remember : you need to have 1 base model, the other models will use that name +  "_000001" to whatever amount of frames you want.
The base model needs to write the material data, but not the animation.
Just make sure you keep the vertices order (I think it does it by default in Blender).

I'm also sharing the source code for the converter, it should be cleaner than last time...but I did make a mess while adding animation support!

Enjoy!

ponut64

• View Profile
Re: Model converter (.ZTP) -0.1 - WIP
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 05:35:20 am »
I'm almost done with some background-ish loading stuff too, I just need it to not-crash.

corvusd

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 10:35:06 pm »
Ok, scratch that last one, I just did minimal clean up of the code.

Just remember : you need to have 1 base model, the other models will use that name +  "_000001" to whatever amount of frames you want.
The base model needs to write the material data, but not the animation.
Just make sure you keep the vertices order (I think it does it by default in Blender).

I'm also sharing the source code for the converter, it should be cleaner than last time...but I did make a mess while adding animation support!

Enjoy!

Absolutely amazing! :D
David Gámiz Jiménez

XL2

• View Profile
Re: Model converter (.ZTP) -0.1 - WIP
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2018, 04:26:14 am »
Here is how it looks like in action :

https://youtu.be/9q5zSLxVBAI

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk