Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 940 times)

SaturnTeam

• View Profile
    • Saturn Team
Greetings!
« on: November 01, 2017, 06:00:51 pm »
Hello!

I just joined this forum. Also, I am a member of the SegaXtreme forum. I am the founder of Saturn Team. I am developing a 3D third-person game for the Sega Saturn, which, eventually, I will sell worldwide. It is coded in C using the Jo Sega Saturn Engine (Yes, I'm aware of the current SGL integration). I will also be designing a new game console, which is a follow-up to the Saturn, and will be a fan-made sister console to the Dreamcast. I am planning on making it backwards compatible with Saturn. Additionally, I am developing the premiere first-party title for the new system, which is a third-person game made with Unreal Engine 4. Feel free to check out my site in the link above, and to join my forum. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 07:03:25 pm by SaturnTeam »
Founder of Saturn Team

itsstillthinking1999

• View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 08:16:40 pm »
Welcome, best wishes for your project!

mindslight

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jo Engine
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 09:39:37 am »
Hi Aaron, good luck for your project :)

SaturnTeam

• View Profile
    • Saturn Team
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 07:10:18 pm »
I just wanted to give an update on my project. I have had a lot going on in my life this year. Unfortunately, my project has been suspended for most of the year. I just moved my website to http://saturnteam.wordpress.com, due to money issues. I am still considering how I want to move forward on my work.
Founder of Saturn Team

SaturnTeam

• View Profile
    • Saturn Team
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 08:42:03 pm »
Another update: My game is a scrolling shooter similar to Radiant Silvergun. I am coding it in C using Jo Engine with the Map Editor, which is done on Windows 7 Pro. I am conducting C concepts/practice coding using CodeLite in Fedora Linux 28. I do the rest of the work on macOS Sierra, including graphics in Pixelmator, modeling in Blender, sound/music in GarageBand, and cutscene videos in Unreal Engine 4. I test using Yabause in Windows and Pseudo Saturn Kai with burned CDs on Saturn. I am also considering creating a follow-up console to the Saturn and a game. However, I have not done much on that end. I am still considering all of the details.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:22:00 pm by SaturnTeam »
Founder of Saturn Team

SaturnTeam

• View Profile
    • Saturn Team
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 12:27:13 am »
I have another update about what I'm up to. This is a copy of my post on SegaXtreme. Unfortunately, I am discontinuing my shooter game using Jo Engine. Trying to code it by hand has become too much, as I really need to use engines with graphical editors. My new project is to use the Raspberry Pi, along with a custom shell and additional accessories. I can also do a custom setup with OpenGL that limits the output to match the max output of the Saturn or slightly better. I have picked out a couple engines, depending on whether it's a 2D or 3D game. I also came across a couple of developers who are working on new games that emulate PSX graphics, and I realized I can do the same thing for Saturn. This will open up a new console that I and other developers can make Saturn-style games for. I'd like to work towards getting a licensing agreement to produce a sequel of a game that was on the Saturn. By emulating the look of Saturn games, the console can be a kind of continuation of the system. There is also the possibility of the console being backwards compatible with Saturn discs. Unlike the Saturn, developers can use all modern tools and games will be much easier to produce. I look forward to any feedback.
Founder of Saturn Team

SaturnTeam

• View Profile
    • Saturn Team
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 02:13:34 am »
Things are going well. I am finishing up a custom game dev tower for my 3D work. I am putting together a 2D shooter demo and will test it soon on the Raspberry Pi. Over the next month, I plan to do a 3D test on the Pi. However, I don't think it will run on that. Only time will tell. I also began designing the shell for the console that will be a sister console to the Saturn. Project updates will be posted on my Twitter account @ https://twitter.com/SaturnTeamNews!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:20:28 pm by SaturnTeam »
Founder of Saturn Team

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk