Sega Saturn Development > Jo Engine Wish List

Import Tilemaps

(1/3) > >>

b1tsh1ft3r:
It would be nice to import tilemaps so they can be used in Jo-Engine. Maybe .TMX format (tiled map editor) since this seems to be a popular one. The current MAP format of  [filename], x position, y_position is ok, however converting to something like this that the saturn understands can be painful and time consuming if another map editor is out there that can be used. I think the purpose of jo-engine isnt to build a map editor, but provide an easy library to code on the saturn rather.

mindslight:
I will check to integrate this format  ;)

b1tsh1ft3r:
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to look into it!

b1tsh1ft3r:
Just wanted to update this. I started working on a tool that will convert a CSV export of a tilemap from the TILED map editor to the jo-engine map format  ( [file] [xpos] [ypos] ).

I have a working prototype now, but it doesnt account for a few things just yet. Ill post it under the jo-map editor section when i have something release worthy :)

b1tsh1ft3r:
Just thought I would update this post with a link to my GitHub where I have the go source for a tool I wrote to convert to the format JO-Engine uses for displaying a tile map. This should make things somewhat easier for others hopefully. It still needs some testing I'm sure but, it seems to output in the right format.

https://github.com/b1tsh1ft3r/tile2map/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go to full version