Author Topic: Hello  (Read 443 times)

Cobra!

• View Profile
Hello
« on: April 01, 2018, 11:54:58 pm »
Hello, I'm Cobra!, I enjoy developing games, and I enjoy the 5th gen consoles, and I found out about this engine after watching videos on the Sonic Z-Streme project.

This engine seems like the best of both worlds! I'm mostly used to editor game engines like Godot and Unity, but hopefully the Map Editor will make developing with Jo easier, at least when it comes to 2D games.

I'm wondering, are there going to be any step by step tutorials on making simple games or even a "hello world" thing? I'm not great at learning through source code or reading docs.

Regardless, it's fantastic to see a homebrew community for the console! I hope to see some great games come from this!

So... hi!

ponut64

• View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 02:32:27 am »
Welcome. it is nice that there are new folks like me & you coming in these days.

Recommended learning & viewing is the "samples" folder of the jo engine download.
Re-write those demos "main.c" file in your own way, step by step, and when done see if it works.
That's how I started. In effect you get something that is step-by-step.

To get anywhere with Jo, you need to dig into the code, but I am sure you know that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:34:00 am by ponut64 »

mindslight

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jo Engine
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 12:27:53 pm »
Hi Cobra!  :)

corvusd

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Portfolio