Author Topic: Booting Jo Engine games with Pseudo Saturn Kai?  (Read 2445 times)

null1024

• View Profile
Booting Jo Engine games with Pseudo Saturn Kai?
« on: August 01, 2017, 06:40:21 pm »
I was trying to test my game on hardware using Pseudo Saturn Kai to boot it (a more actively developed version of Pseudo Saturn that's supposed to have better compatibility), but I only get a black screen after the SEGA screen with Jo Engine games.
I'd tested it with just the basic demo1, thinking maybe my game had a major bug, still nothing. Neither of the two game loaders (0.831 or 0.832) work, I'm just left with a black screen.
Even tried it with the Pseudo Saturn Kai patcher, no luck.

This was using the latest release of both Jo Engine (4/12/2017) and Pseudo Saturn Kai (6.074, from 4/23/2017, put on my Action Replay with the alternate flasher ISO).
I burned using ImgBurn.

and now I need to go buy more CDs   :P
currently developing cosmic:rush (formerly cosmic:acceleration), current video here (oct 6th)

mindslight

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jo Engine
Re: Booting Jo Engine games with Pseudo Saturn Kai?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 07:17:12 pm »
Unfortunately, I use a modchip.
I never use Saturn Kai :(
Maybe someone on the forum can help you.

XL2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 09:34:38 pm »

XL2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 02:32:44 am »
It seems like the problem comes from the extended ram malloc. Deactivate it for the time being in the Jo Engine source files and it will work fine. Another solution is to use pseudo saturn on a cartdridge without ram.

mindslight

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jo Engine
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 08:29:06 am »
Yep, I will add an option for this

mindslight

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jo Engine
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 07:07:36 pm »
The new option is available on the last release

SaturnTeam

• View Profile
    • Saturn Team
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 03:49:32 am »
I just wanted to let everyone know that my game is loading correctly with Pseudo Saturn Kai 6.074. For some reason, I'm not getting the homebrew option on cartridge boot, but "Start Game" loads it just fine.
Founder of Saturn Team

b1tsh1ft3r

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 06:07:18 pm »
This may be a silly question, but i have a gameshark cart (similar to the action replay with the same db25 on top). Im assuming this is compatible with pseudo saturn as well?!?! I noticed it wont boot on a jspec saturn as is prior to flash so im guessing its region locked.

SaturnTeam

• View Profile
    • Saturn Team
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 12:05:53 am »
This may be a silly question, but i have a gameshark cart (similar to the action replay with the same db25 on top). Im assuming this is compatible with pseudo saturn as well?!?! I noticed it wont boot on a jspec saturn as is prior to flash so im guessing its region locked.

The GameShark is supposed to work on all Saturns. I'm not sure why it isn't loading on boot. Its connector board is notoriously finicky with the slot connection. I wouldn't try to flash Kai onto it until you confirm that it's working. There shouldn't be any issue with putting Kai on a GameShark. I think you might need to wiggle or reposition the cartridge in the slot, and keep trying to see if it comes up on boot. Sometimes, you have to pull up on it, so it's just barely connected. If you have a N. American or PAL console, I would see if it will boot on those. If it doesn't, then the cartridge is shot. Also, you may need to put a retail disc in, before boot, to get it working. It might load right away, or you might need to load the game for the GameShark to work.
Founder of Saturn Team

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk