Author Topic: Sonic Z-Treme  (Read 24307 times)

XL2

• View Profile
Re: Sonic Z-Treme
« Reply #375 on: September 11, 2018, 02:14:32 am »
Quake maps do work with OKish draw distance, but have a very high poly count and vertices count. Still, 30 fps with Sonic and some 920 drawn polygons on screen isn't too bad considering all the overdraw.
I made some little progress on the bsp tree, but there are many problems to solve as nothing found online mentions quads or small polygons, so it might take a while to make it all work.

ponut64

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 11, 2018, 04:18:34 am »
That is incredible; encroaching the limit of the system and still getting performance.

corvusd

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Portfolio
« Reply #377 on: September 13, 2018, 11:50:51 am »
Quake maps do work with OKish draw distance, but have a very high poly count and vertices count. Still, 30 fps with Sonic and some 920 drawn polygons on screen isn't too bad considering all the overdraw.
I made some little progress on the bsp tree, but there are many problems to solve as nothing found online mentions quads or small polygons, so it might take a while to make it all work.

Again great job XL2!

It is getting closer and closer to the nearly 1300 of Sonic-R at 30FPS. Definitely, you are putting more and more to the limit the possibilities of the DSP (transformation and lighting) of the two SH2, along with the management of calls to the VDP1 and VRAM of VDP1 and sound system. Not to mention physics, collisions or AI. That is to say all that traffic by BUS-B passing through the SCU. Amazing!

I am increasingly aware that this is one of the keys to the REAL optimization of the SS. In fact, in his reflection with PSX, this is also part of the key to his good performance. And having a Profile system made it really easy to expose all the bottlenecks in an engine or program.

Courage and thanks again! :)
David Gámiz Jiménez

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk