Author Topic: Is it possible to play videos?  (Read 1903 times)

NeoSnk

• View Profile
    • Titan Game Studios
Is it possible to play videos?
« on: August 30, 2016, 04:14:59 am »
I think if we could play videos it would make the games much more professional, and if possible to go even further use some video as background, if I'm not wrong the game Sturmwind uses this technique on the Dreamcast.

mindslight

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jo Engine
Re: Is it possible to play videos?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 12:05:53 pm »
I already working on it two months ago, but it's not easy.

The best video library was made by Electronic Arts (visible on Need For Speed) but it's not open source :-\

After some research, I think I have to write my own MPEG-1 reader, but it will takes some time to do  :)

mindslight

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jo Engine
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 11:52:32 am »
Hi,

It's under development :)

mindslight

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jo Engine
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 11:51:03 pm »
The development is almost done :)

corvusd

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 06:54:34 pm »
Hi Johannes,

I told you yesterday via twitter and some time ago I follow you. And only can say you. AWESOME WORK!

This days I've seen that you, finally, released a video feature for your great SDK.

And I have some questions. You told that some research about write your own MPEG-1 reader. Finally you archive this goal?

I hope, near to future, will publish a new post in my personal blog. Some time ago, I wrote a lot technical notes, about the near of the 300 games for Sega Saturn run and analyze via yabause. To check how the games use the machine. And find that games are the best use the SS. And search the game that have a technical achievement in transparencies, gourand light, video...  and other targets.

That said, I hope I can put all clean a publish this data for the SS community and all united put the SS to the highest level and extract all the real potential of the machine.

Thanks in advance and cheers! :D

David Gámiz Jiménez
David Gámiz Jiménez

mindslight

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jo Engine
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 07:31:12 pm »
For the next release, I used the cinepak library but optimized for the engine, because I need more time to finish my own implementation and some people need this feature now to release their own games.

In few weeks I will start a game programming contest in order to extend the community. I need homebrewer to keep the project alive and I have so much things to do :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk